THANK YOU Snoopy M for nominating my blog for Liebstar Award 2020. That was a huge surprise and most welcome! I’m such a newbie blogger 😊
The Liebstar Award is a way to be discovered but also to connect and support the blogging community. A great idea in promoting your own blog and others. Originally it was given out to blogs with less than 2000 readers, but this has slowly lowed as the reward has gained popularity. It is now only 200 readers or less. It’s really an arbitrary number. If you like helping other blogs out go ahead and do it regardless of its size. This award is all about promoting and viewing other people’s blogs. (Taken from https://theglobalaussie.com/the-liebster-award/)
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions given to you
- Nominate 11 bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post
Snoopy M set me the following tricky questions.
- Name one thing/person that/who makes your life complete (or would have made complete).
My husband Eric. Somehow we found each other. I was already married, and we had only just broken up (he had moved out) and then into my workplace walked Eric. Within 6 months we were engaged. My divorce came through a year later (in October) and we married in November. We will be married 30 years in 2021.
- Did the pandemic bring any positive change inside you?
I’m not too sure of that. Like many people, I had aspirations I guess of what would be achieved now that we had time and space. But really, I just ate more! I wish I could say I’d grown, more than just in waist size 😉
- How do you intend to grow your blog further?
I write the most when I’m travelling, which my husband and I love to do. Otherwise, I participate in weekly short story writes, where someone posts a photo or word prompt. I do have two works in progress (novels) and in the back of my mind, my blog is making my ‘literary contacts’, in case I’m ever published. While also collecting a bunch of like minded friends from around the world.
- Which is your favourite corner in the house?
We only have a small house, and I do love our living room. Our sofas are a groovy lime green, my bookshelves are there, and it is the room where I have indoor plants. Also, the television is there, and as I love movies, it finishes off my favourite space.
- Love at first sight – Does any such thing really exist? What is your opinion?
I think love at first sight does exist. I was very aware of my husband almost immediately I met him in my workplace. At the time, I wouldn’t have articulated that I’d fallen in love, but in hindsight it seems obvious.
- Mac Book Pages or Microsoft Word – which one do you prefer more?
Microsoft Word – but only because that is what my workplaces have always used, and it has become normal for me.
- Do you know anyone (including yourself) who has used all the features offered by the iPhones till date?
I don’t use an iPhone. If you include Android phones such as Samsung, I think I use many of the features. I’m fairly tech savvy for an oldie!
- Which social media platform do you think is more popular in 2020 – Facebook/ Instagram/Twitter? (you can add any other social media platform if you want)
Apparently, only oldies such as Mums and Dads use Facebook. Is that currently accurate? Twitter is very popular. Instagram has had a resurgence, perhaps because you can do ‘live’ events on them now?
- What do you think about India as a nation? Have you ever tasted Indian food?
I have never travelled to India. I do enjoy Indian food; it is my daughter’s food of choice when we have a celebration. It has been on my travel wish list to visit India, while at the same time I think I’ll be overwhelmed by the sheer number of people there. And the poverty. Although that might be a personal misconception.
- Who is all you all-time favourite author? Please specify the genre.
All-time favourite author is tough, you know. As we are all writers, I’m assuming we’re all readers and who has only one favourite? I’ll choose my long-time favourite Stephen King, horror author extraordinaire! I’m a little embarrassed that it is not a more literary writer, but I’ve grown with him.
- When was the last time you received a compliment from someone and what was that?
Just today. I volunteer as a tech operator and reader on Vision Australia radio. It’s not commercial radio. Not like talk back. You don’t need to have a bubbly or loud personality! We read the local newspaper for vision impaired listeners. It makes local community news more accessible to them.
Someone on our radio committee called me today and said I was one of their best on-air readers – so that was very ‘WOW’!
My questions to the nominees :
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is your favourite writing genre?
- Have you previously been nominated for a blogging award?
- Where have you travelled to and what is your favourite country / culture?
- Do you have a bucket list?
- What has been your biggest triumph?
- What has been your lowest moment?
- How has the Covid-19 pandemic affected your life?
- What do you think of Donald Trump?
- Name your favourite memory of your hometown.
- Do you believe in a spiritual deity / higher power?
And I nominate :
I tried to choose blogs I follow that have 200 or below followers, but that was too difficult. And so two or three of these are below 1,000 followers. I enjoy reading all your words and hope you are happy with this nomination.